|View more photos|
Welcome to JK Mara which is situated within the 1,800 acres of The Muliban Conservancy in the Talek area. Set among picturesque hills and rolling plains in prime game-viewing country you can step out of your tent and head straight out on a walking safari or night game drive within the conservancy or drive for 10minutes to get to the Masai Mara Game Reserve.
A tented camp is the original safari, perfectly suited to smaller groups looking for an authentic ‘Out of Africa’ experience off the beaten track. Our beautiful, secluded site is suited to give you maximum privacy and exclusivity with comfort and style, where you least expect it. You can relax on your private verandah, enjoying nature and letting the world go by.
The camp is part owned and run by the local Maasai Community from The Muliban Conservancy group and are all well trained.
The Muliban Conservancy is jointly run by the Maasai community and JK Mara to ensure maximum pleasure to the client and also as a benefit to the community.
The camp has fourteen (14) tents
- The 7 X 4 metre tents accommodate either twin, triple beds or one king sized bed
- Ensuite bathrooms with flush toilets and hot showers
- Dining, bar and lounge tent
- Full board facilities of international standards with a touch of the African cuisines. All fresh greens from the Camp kitchen garden
Electricity and power supply:
- Solar power in all the tents with telephones and cameras charging facilities on request.
- Viewing tower
- Day and night game drives
- We arrange walking safaris from the camp
- We do full day walks plus a walking program over several days (see price list for more info)
- Safari Shop